Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin

In our little half of the duplex, we currently have pumpkin beer, pumpkin spice coffee syrup, and now pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. You might say that Collyn and I have a little bit of an obsession. But, who doesn't love pumpkin goodness, especially in October? 

pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

A few days ago while I was working on the paper that has kept me from blogging for the past couple of weeks (I turned it in yesterday, hooray!), I ordered a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin at one of our lovely local coffee shops, so today, when I decided I was in the mood for some baking, I thought back to those delicious muffins. I looked online for a recipe but didn't find one that sounded right to me. I wanted to use multiple spices rather than the pre-mixed spices in a cake mix, oil rather than butter, and pure pumpkin rather than pumpkin pie filling. So I, of course, called Lulu for consultation, and she had a plain pumpkin muffin recipe that we spruced up to make the recipe for these muffins. 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
yield: 24-30 muffins 

Ingredients:
2 cups AP flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger 
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

How To:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

 Whisk dry ingredients together.


Add vanilla eggs, oil, and pumpkin. Mix until evenly incorporated. 


Add chocolate chips and stir. 


Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line them with cupcake paper. Fill the tins 3/4 of the way full (I discovered that filling them not quite as full makes the tops pop rather than spread and flatten).


Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy. 

Why not have a little chocolate with your breakfast?

5 comments:

  1. Maybe once Wanda retires she can organize her recipes so that she's able to go to then so quickly! Until then, I may have to seek Lulu through you once I'm being wifely and fully on my quest for domestic goddessness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the same recipe I use! They freeze great. I make two dozen every two weeks and Ben eats them for snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if they would freeze well. Thanks, MK!

    ReplyDelete