Thursday, March 1, 2012

An Introduction

I am the younger daughter of a dressmaker who also is a wonderful cook, baker, and mother. As most children do, I took my mother's talent and knowledge for granted, expecting that everyone's mother made them beautiful smocked dresses, bright, happy play clothes, dinners from scratch every night and homemade caramel cakes and sugar cookies. Now that I'm in my mid-20s and sewing and cooking on my own for the first time, I look back in amazement and gratitude, and have set out to develop my own sewing and cooking skills with my mother as inspiration. I also draw inspiration from the other women in my family, my mother's good friends, and my own friends. I do not have an entirely clear view of how recording these experiences will turn out, but I hope this blog will be both useful and rewarding. I plan to mostly post about my sewing, cooking, and baking, but I am sure other topics will find their way into these discussions as they do in life.


My sister, my mother, and me in New York City for my 25th birthday 

No comments:

Post a Comment